Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Open Letter to John Hagee

Repost from October 24, 2007


052208Image by davidsilver via Flickr
digg_url = 'http://god-at-the-center.blogspot.com/2007/10/open-letter-to-john-hagee.html';
View the following video (note: Yes, the audio is off, but I do have a link to a .wmv file where they are in sync. The video is real. I would not post it otherwise):
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0K1GEs2gAI&rel=1]
The following is a letter I wrote to John Hagee in response to his recent teaching that Jesus was not the Messiah:

To whom it may concern:

I am very concerned about some teachings that John Hagee is now propagating through his latest book In Defense of Israel. He apparently is saying that Jesus was not the Messiah and that the Jewish people as a whole did not reject Jesus as the Messiah. According to the Bible:
(1Jn 2:22 ESV) Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

(1Jn 2:23 ESV) No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.


If what John Hagee is saying is true, then he is an antichrist according to the Bible.
Strong words, to be sure, but we must combat all heresies.

(Rom 11:1 ESV) I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin.

(Rom 11:2 ESV) God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel?

(Rom 11:3 ESV) "Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life."

(Rom 11:4 ESV) But what is God's reply to him? "I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal."

(Rom 11:5 ESV) So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace.

(Rom 11:6 ESV) But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

(Rom 11:7 ESV) What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened,

You see that Israel as a whole failed to obtain salvation. Why? Because they rejected Jesus the Messiah. Hagee cannot say that Jesus was not the Messiah, because the Bible says otherwise. If Hagee is born again, I come to him as a brother in Christ and pray for his repentance. If he is not, I pray for him to be saved and again to repent of his sin. This is a grave and serious offense to deny Jesus as the Messiah.

May God Bless,
Chris Coppenbarger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments respectful. I reserve the right to edit and/or delete comments I find violating these rules.