I am constantly hearing people talk about sharing the Gospel or what the Gospel is or isn't. Here's my take on what the Gospel isn't. The Gospel is not:
- God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
- God is not willing that any should perish. (hint: this verse is not describing unbelievers)
- You must repent in order to believe.
- Believe and be born again.
- All sins are atoned for on the cross.
- All have been reconciled.
- Jesus as Lord is optional in the life of a believer.
These are a few things that I believe the Gospel is not. I have another one in mind that I did not post simply because I'm still exploring it's implications. What do you think? Agree or disagree? Do you have something to add to the list? I hope to have a followup post to explain what I believe the Gospel really is.