Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

7 Phrases the Gospel is Not



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Image via Wikipedia"]Jesus[/caption]


I am constantly hearing people talk about sharing the Gospel or what the Gospel is or isn't. Here's my take on what the Gospel isn't. The Gospel is not:

  1. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.

  2. God is not willing that any should perish. (hint: this verse is not describing unbelievers)

  3. You must repent in order to believe.

  4. Believe and be born again.

  5. All sins are atoned for on the cross.

  6. All have been reconciled.

  7. Jesus as Lord is optional in the life of a believer.


These are a few things that I believe the Gospel is not. I have another one in mind that I did not post simply because I'm still exploring it's implications. What do you think? Agree or disagree? Do you have something to add to the list? I hope to have a followup post to explain what I believe the Gospel really is.


1 comment:

  1. [...] other day I posted on 7 phrases the Gospel is not. Today, I would like to focus on what exactly is the Gospel. You’ve heard the saying, [...]

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments respectful. I reserve the right to edit and/or delete comments I find violating these rules.