Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 Ways for Bloggers to Get Free Books



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="250" caption="Image via CrunchBase"]Image representing LibraryThing as depicted in...[/caption]


I receive any number of free books each month that I request. I have to review them and post my reviews both on this blog and on a site such as Amazon.com. I wanted to share these sites with you.

  1. Multnomah has a Blogging for Books program. I've received both Randy Alcorn and John Piper books through this program. You can only request one book at a time, as with most of these programs. They also have a system where you can earn free gift cards and items based on your blogger ratings. Visit Blogging for Books and sign up.

  2. Thomas Nelson has a program called Booksneeze. I've been able to read a biographies about Albert Pujols and J. R. R. Tolkien, and recently requested the latest Stephen R. Lawhead (my favorite living author) novel. Sign up at Booksneeze.com.

  3. LibraryThing is a site similar to Goodreads in which you can list the books you own and are currently reading. They have a free and premium version. They also have a group where you can request books that you would like to review in a lottery style. You don't have to review these books, but it is recommended. You don't have to be a blogger, even. You can sign up for Librarything.com and here is the Early Reviewer List.

  4. Finally, we have Goodreads. I don't really use this site as much as I probably should, but they do have a free books group. If you're on Goodreads, you can visit the group here. Sign up for Goodreads. You can use your Facebook/Twitter accounts to sign up.


Enjoy receiving free books.


1 comment:

Please keep your comments respectful. I reserve the right to edit and/or delete comments I find violating these rules.